Emma Bunton reassures fans that Spice Girls reunion will happen in 2017
30th June 2016 Bands,Brit Pop,Bubblegum Pop,CDs Tapes and Vinyls,Collaborations,Dance Pop,In The News,Interviews,Music Business News,Music News,Our Picks,Pop,Power Pop,Rock and Pop,Singer,Singers and Vocalists,Social Media,Videos,Vocals
Spice Girls push anniversary tour plans to 2017
The hit girl band is gearing up to celebrate 20 years since the release of their breakthrough hit Wannabe next week (beg04Jul16). There have been countless reports about the group are reuniting, but Mel B left fans disheartened when she revealed plans have been pushed back to 2017 after the band couldn’t secure the venue they wanted.
However, Emma insists that regardless of when it happens, the group will “absolutely” be reuniting in some form or another.
“I love being part of the girls,” Emma told television show Good Morning Britain while on the red carpet for the premiere of Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie on Wednesday night (29Jun16). “And mainly I want to celebrate for the fans – they are the most loyal fans you could ever ask for. So I think if anything they deserve to celebrate and I’m sure we’ll do something to celebrate with them.”
During an appearance on U.S. chat show Live With Kelly earlier this week Mel said that their plans had been scuppered by the fact they couldn’t land their perfect venue. However, she did say that the group would be marking the occasion the following year, in 2017.
“It’s our 20th anniversary this year – this would be the perfect year,” she said. “But places get booked out, so what we’re hopefully doing is planning on doing something to celebrate next year.
“It’s something that we want to do and it’d be nice to celebrate and give thanks to all the fans. I’m not getting any younger. Let’s hurry up and get this done.”
Sources close to the girl power group claim the band will be replacing Mel C and Victoria. Mel B recently unfollowed the other Mel on social media, suggesting Sporty Spice definitely won’t be involved in the reunion. According to reports, she wants to focus on a serious music career instead.
The latest news comes as the Spice Girls prepare to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of their breakthrough hit Wannabe next week (beg04Jul16).
Meanwhile, the Spice Three are planning to film their comeback for a TV series, according to Britain’s The Sun newspaper.
The documentary series will reportedly feature footage from their recording sessions plus memories of the group’s 1990s heyday.